Thursday, January 5, 2012

Website Update and Safi's Career as a Model

I've been working laboriously on updating the Mamatography website and not spending as much time on shooting photos these days as I would like.
I needed a more inviting landing page for the site and I think the header image sums it up! I'm struggling with adding a slide show as an introduction and also I LOVE a stark white look and feel so I don't know if I should add some colorful elements to the background.
I'm a fairly proficient web designer but these days it's all about Search Engine Optimization aka SEO which is something I'm still figuring out. With that in mind, I'm using the Wordpress interface because it's suppose to be more SEO friendly but the coding part is like Chinese to me!

If anything, I am happy with the way it navigates and I think you'll find it to be informative. See it here:
http://mamatographylessons.com

On another note, I took Safi to a photo shoot casting down in Miami yesterday for Carter's baby clothing.
This was my first of kiddie castings and it was very interesting to see how many gorgeous kids there are out there and how competitive the world of child modeling is.
I thought to do this with her for somewhat selfish reasons. I love to be on commercial shoots and those days have seemed to pass me by, I want them back! I crave the scale of a huge studio with massive lights and lots of people rushing around to put things into production.
I'm questioning my career and where I live and have thought about making a move to somewhere less suburban to get my feet wet again as a commercial photographer.
I LOVE to teach, and I always will, but I refuse to fall into that saying..."Those that Can't DO, Teach".
I can DO and I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment