Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What Matters

Mamatography aka ME, Vicky, are experiencing a time of reflection and ACTION. I am beyond excited to get back to shooting what I love, "lifestyle", and building on my dream, commercial photography for advertising and editorial. I am ALWAYS asked, "Do you shoot kid's portraits" and the answer, "Only my own". I have to stay true to this to keep moving and also I LOVE having the opportunity to refer my students to jobs I have been requested for, in other words, I give away work!

The idea of Mamatography Photo Workshops is to arm women with the tools they need to take photos of their own kids or put the wheels into motion in a career as a photographer whether it be children and portraits, events or products for their entrepreneurial needs.

In putting my ducks in a row, I understand that to be a good teacher I must DO (shoot), MORE. As many mom's of kids under the age of ummm 2 know that baby comes first and Mom is always 2nd, 3rd, etc. With that, I'm performing that ever changing balancing act and figuring out a lot of it as I go and finding my way back to what I love to do, but never as much as I love being a mother.

I am having to build on two businesses simutaneously, the business of teaching photography and the business of DOING photography (+ design) all in what seems to be changing at lighting speed!

I have tons of developing ideas for this blog, video tutorials, books and much more. The technical info flows in my sleep! However, I'm trying to do things in my own time and my own way considering the saturation of the image making market. 

If you're reading this, please stay tuned with me on my journey back to picture taking and owning my title in life, Mama-tographer.




No comments:

Post a Comment